The Belt & Road Forum
The Belt & Road Initiative (BRI) is China’s largest foreign policy initiative, a once-in-a-generation infrastructure project poised to transform global commerce. It is also a rare opportunity for Canadian companies (large or small) to expand their global reach, both in the development of this infrastructure and through the access it will provide to new markets.
In partnership with the Toronto Region Board of Trade’s World Trade Centre Toronto, the CNE is hosting a one-day forum to bring together global business leaders for keynote addresses and panel discussions designed to introduce the region’s business community to strategies that will unlock the potential of the Belt & Road Initiative.
Conference attendees will leave with:
- An updated understanding of the Belt & Road Initiative and its implications for Canada's business community
- New connections to Canadian businesses and government experts with experience in markets that will be opened up by the Initaive.
- Advice and insight from experts who have knowledge and direct experiences with organizations and markets involved in the Belt & Road Initiative.
- Hear from business leaders and their professional advisors on how looming trade wars, investment disputes, new trade deals, use of economic sanctions and export and technology transfer controls might affect your business and what to do about it.
Thursday, August 30, 2018
Registration: 9:30 am
Event: 10 am to 3 pm
Beanfield Centre, Room 200
105 Princes' Blvd., Exhibition Place, Toronto
Individual Tickets - $150 (plus HST) (Includes Lunch)
Forum Agenda includes:
- Welcome from Canadian National Exhibition Association CEO Virginia Ludy, & Toronto Region Board of Trade CEO Jan De Silva.
- Keynote Speakers The Honourable John McCallum & The Honourable Jean Charest.
- Panel Discussion on how Canadians can participate in Belt & Road Initiative projects and how they bring suppliers with them
- Breakout sessions on Energy, Logistics & Infrastructure, and Communication & Technology in relation to the Belt & Road Initiative
For additional information, contact email@example.com