About the CNE Foundation
CNE Foundation Board of Directors
- John Kiru - Chair
- Brian Ashton
- Suzan Hall
- Councillor Mike Layton
- Randy Bauslaugh
- Darryl Kaplan
- CNE Association CEO ex officio
- Joanne Benerowski, Director
About the CNEF
Building on the rich legacy and tradition of the Canadian National Exhibition, we inspire community building by investing in innovative initiatives.
Empowering community. Improving lives.
The Canadian National Exhibition Foundation (CNEF) is a public foundation and registered charity founded in 1975. We are the fundraising arm of the Canadian National Exhibition Association (CNEA), which is the producer of the annual CNE, also affectionately known as The Ex, and additional events throughout the year.
Through the generous support of individual, corporate and foundation donors, we fund programs to make a positive impact on the lives of individuals and the community. Our funding pillars are: Agriculture and the Environment, Arts and Culture, Industry and Entrepreneurship, and Community Building.
- Through the Pathways to Job Readiness youth training and employment program, we provide wraparound supports to youth 14 to 29 years of age along with an employment opportunity at the CNE.
- Our Community and Youth Programs, including the Lions-CNE Peewee Baseball Tournament, the CNE-Ontario Basketball Association 3-on-3 Tournament and the CNE Rising Star Talent Competition, help us foster youth participation in sports and arts programs.
- The CNE Archives Project helps us fulfill our commitment of preserving, protecting and showcasing the rich archival collection of the CNE, a cherished community tradition since 1879.
- Through our Community Investment, we help local qualifying Canadian registered charities make a difference in the lives of the clients they serve and help further our areas of focus.
- The Eamonn O’Loghlin Scholarship Fund allows us to help two post-secondary students employed by the CNE on their road to fulfilling their dreams through two scholarships annually.
CNE Foundation Charitable Business Number: 118834639 RR 0001