2021 Virtual CNE 5050 Raffle Rules of Play
Canadian National Exhibition Foundation
Rules of Play
2021 Virtual CNE 50/50 Raffle
- July 13, 2021 -
ARTICLE I - Interpretation
- In these rules:
- the AGCO Regulations;
- “AscendFS” means the provider of the Electronic Raffle System and the provider of training and support with respect to the raffle;
- “AGCO” means the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario;
- “CNE” means the Canadian National Exhibition;
- “CNEA” means the Canadian National Exhibition Association;
- “CNEF” means the Canadian National Exhibition Foundation;
- “Consolation Prize” means merchandise or other goods awarded to Winners(s) of the Raffle from all Tickets sold;
- “Draw Time” means the scheduled time at which a Draw takes place for the Raffle or, when a Draw is not able to take place for any reason, the soonest available time after the close of the Raffle;
- “Early Bird Prize” means merchandise or other goods awarded to Winners(s) of the Raffle from Tickets sold during an early bird sales period;
- “Grand Prize” is the amount payable to the Winner from the proceeds of the Raffle determined in accordance with Foundation Rules; the value of Early Bird Prizes and Consolation Prizes is not deducted from the Grand Prize;
- “Player” means a person who is eligible to participate in the Raffle in accordance with the regulatory framework including relevant federal and provincial legislation, AGCO terms and conditions, Registrar’s Standards and Directives, the Lottery Licensing Policy Manual, together with all relevant updates and information bulletins (“AGCO Regulations”) and the terms, conditions, explanations, rules and procedures enacted specific to this Raffle (“Foundation Rules”);
- “Prize” means an Early Bird Prize, Grand Prize or Consolation Prize awarded to Winner(s) of a Raffle Draw;
- “Raffle” means the electronic 50/50 lottery that will take place online from August 5, 2021, to September 6, 2021.
- “Ticket” means a type of lottery transaction record issued following the purchase of one or more Raffle numbers through the CNEF’s raffle portal: com
- “Valid Ticket” means a ticket that is not void;
- “Winner” means a person(s) who is the bearer of a Winning Ticket and who satisfies all conditions established by the CNEF to claim a Prize;
- “Winning Number” means a winning number drawn on a Draw date and Draw Time for the Raffle; and
- “Winning Ticket” means a valid Ticket that bears a selection that exactly matches a Winning
- Words in the singular shall include the plural, and words in the masculine gender shall include the
- In the event of a conflict between information issued by AscendFS and contained on the Ticket and the Foundation Rules, such conflict shall be resolved in accordance with the following priority:
- the AGCO Regulations;
- these CNEF Rules; and
- the Ticket.
ARTICLE II - Eligibility to Purchase Tickets
- Tickets will only be sold to people who are 18 years of age or older except the following:
- employees, officers, directors and representatives of the CNEF, the CNEA, Exhibition Place and their affiliated and related companies including advertising, promotional and Raffle partners and agencies (including Gaming-Related Suppliers);
- individuals domiciled with any of the above;
- members or employees of the AGCO;
- executives or staff of a trade union who represent or negotiate on behalf of employees employed at Exhibition Place, the CNEF or the CNEA; and individuals who appear to be
- An eligible Player physically located in Ontario, Canada may purchase Tickets for the Draw held by the CNEF online through the CNEF Raffle portal, com, which is connected to the Electronic Raffle System. A Player will be required to comply with the instructions on the website in order to purchase a Raffle Ticket. Upon completion of the registration but prior to the purchase of a Raffle Ticket, a Player will be required to verify that the information is complete and accurate.
ARTICLE III - Sale and Refund of Raffle Tickets
- An eligible Player may participate by purchasing Tickets online as specified in section 2.02. The following denominations will be available for sale:
- 3 numbers for $5.00;
- 10 numbers for $10.00; and
- 60 numbers for $20.00
- A Player is solely responsible for ensuring that he or she receives the correct Ticket denomination and solely responsible for the handling of the purchased Ticket.
- A Player may cancel his/her Ticket and obtain a refund if he/she has paid for the Ticket provided that the Ticket is submitted to the CNEF and the refund request is made prior to the time a Winning Number has been
- Tickets will be available for purchase online through the CNEF’s Raffle portal from 10 a.m. Thursday, August 5, 2021, to 11:59 p.m. Monday, September 6, 2021.
- All Tickets purchased between August 5, 2021, at or after 10 a.m. and August 19, 2021, at or before 11:59 p.m. will be entered into Early Bird Prize Draw Number One.
- All Tickets purchased between August 5, 2021, at or after 10 a.m. and August 26, 2021, at or before 11:59 p.m. will be entered into Early Bird Prize Draw Number Two.
- All Tickets purchased between August 5, 2021, at or after 10 a.m. and September 6, 2021, at or before 11:59 p.m. will be entered into the Grand Prize Draw and the Consolation Prize Draw.
- It is possible for the same number to win Early Bird Prizes, the Grand Prize and Consolation Prizes.
- Tickets will be sold using an Electronic Raffle System supplied by
- The maximum number of Raffle Tickets available for purchase online is 8,999,999 (the “Ticket Number Maximum”). Once the Ticket Number Maximum has been reached, the Raffle will be officially closed. Pursuant to Section 3.04, the Raffle will be open until 11:59 p.m. on September 6, 2021, unless the Ticket Number Maximum is reached prior to that time, in which event the Raffle will be closed when the Ticket Number Maximum is reached. The remainder of these rules shall remain unchanged in the event of an earlier closing of the Raffle pursuant to this
ARTICLE IV - Prize Display, Draw and Results
- The amount of the proceeds of Ticket sales constituting the Grand Prize will be posted on the online ticket portal com and will be revised in real time as sales progress. The Grand Prize will also be posted online at the CNEF website (cnefoundation.com) and shared via the CNEF’s social media feeds. Real time updating may be disrupted in the event of a network failure. In such instances, the Prize will be updated when network connections are restored.
- Pursuant to Section 3.04, the Winning Numbers will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all Raffle numbers sold for a Draw save and except for tickets refunded prior to the Draw.
- The Grand Prize Draw and Consolation Prize Draw will take place at or about 10 a.m. on Tuesday, September 7, 2021, or as soon as possible thereafter if circumstances prevent the Draw from taking place at the scheduled time. The Grand Prize Winning Number will be announced on Tuesday, September 7, 2021, at or about noon (12 p.m.).
- Consolation Prize(s): Two (2) Winners will each receive a Staycation, including a one-night stay in a King Corner Suite at Hotel X Toronto with a retail value of $519.20. See com for complete prize details.
- Early Bird Prize Draw Number One will take place at or about 12 a.m. on Friday, August 20, 2021, or as soon as possible thereafter if circumstances prevent the Draw from taking place at the scheduled time. Early Bird Prize Draw Number One Winning Numbers will be announced on Friday, August 20, 2021, at or about noon (12 p.m.).
- Early Bird Prize(s) – Early Bird Prize Draw Number One: Two (2) Winners will each receive a Staycation, including a one-night stay in a King Corner Suite at Hotel X Toronto with a retail value of $519.20. See com for complete prize details.
- Early Bird Prize Draw Number Two will take place at or about 12 a.m. on Friday, August 27, 2021, or as soon as possible thereafter if circumstances prevent the Draw from taking place at the scheduled time. Early Bird Prize Draw Number Two Winning Numbers will be announced on Friday, August 27, 2021, at or about noon (12 p.m.).
- Early Bird Prize(s) – Early Bird Prize Draw Number Two: Two (2) Winners will each receive a $500 (five hundred dollars) cash prize.
- Winning Numbers will be posted online at the CNEF website (com) and shared via the CNEF’s social media feeds following each Draw.
- The Prizes shall be awarded to the Winners on the following
- An individual holding a Winning Ticket may claim a Prize by contacting the CNEF at (416) 263-3800 or by email at email@example.com. The Ticket may then be brought to the Press Building, 210 Princes’ Blvd, Exhibition Place, at an agreed upon time for Ticket For prize amounts of less than $25,000, a claim may be processed via email by providing a copy of the ticket and valid, government issued photo identification, completion of the prize claim form and such other authentication and validation procedures as the CNEF may prescribe.
- The CNEF reserves the right to satisfy itself as to the validity of any Ticket that is presented as a Winning Ticket, by means of such authentication and validation tests, requirements and procedures as it may from time to time determine, and to declare that a Ticket which does not pass, meet, or fulfill such tests, requirements or procedures is void. Concurrently with a Winning Ticket being presented to the CNEF, whether for the purpose of validation or for the purpose of claiming a Prize, all right, title and interest in and to the Ticket is thereby relinquished by the Winner and property in the Ticket passes to the CNEF. The Winner will then be paid by cheque for the declared Prize amount. All payments will be made by
- The CNEF may refuse to send or forward a Prize to an address outside of Canada and will not send or forward a Prize to an address in any jurisdiction where such sending or forwarding is prohibited by
- Prizes must be claimed within six (6) months of a Draw unless otherwise specified by the CNEF. In the event that a Prize has not been claimed at the expiry of the six (6) month period, the Prize will be donated by the CNEF to an eligible charity approved in advance by the
- A Winner(s) must:
- fill out a Raffle Prize claim checklist including providing his or her first and last name, address and phone number;
- provide a valid, government-issued identification sufficient in the sole discretion of the CNEF to verify a Winner’s identity;
- sign his or her name on a Winning Ticket; and
- agree to have his or her first and last name, city of residence and Prize amount publicized by the CNEF on its website and in such other media as CNEF determines in its sole
- A Winner will also be presented with the option to be featured on the CNEF and/or CNE website as a Raffle Winner.
- The CNEF may, at any time (and from time to time), during the Prize claim process, require certain additional personal information from a Winner. A Winner will be asked to acknowledge that the collection of such information (including, in certain circumstances, a Winner's Social Insurance Number) is necessary to the proper administration of the Raffle. Any personal information that is collected is intended to be used for the following principal purposes: to comply with legal and audit requirements, for announcing a Winner, awarding a Prize, disclosing insider wins for public scrutiny, and the posting of Prize wins on the CNEF’s website for an extended period of time, and otherwise in accordance with the CNEF’s policies, and for the CNEF’s internal business purposes. Each Winner will be required to acknowledge that any failure by the Winner to provide the CNEF with such information may prevent the CNEF from paying or awarding all or part of the Prize in the manner
- Neither a Prize (or portion thereof), nor any entitlement or payment relating to it, may be assigned, transferred, sold, loaned, leased, rented, pledged, mortgaged or hypothecated, by any
- For groups purchasing one (1) Ticket, group Winners will select one individual to handle the single payment. That person shall be required to comply with subparagraph (e). The CNEF may, at its discretion, and with the completion of all requirements specified by the CNEF, include group members in the publication of a Prize Winner pursuant to subparagraph (e)(iv). The CNEF shall not be responsible for determining any individual's entitlement to all or a part of a Prize won on a Ticket purchased by or issued to a
- The Grand Prize shall be fifty (50) percent of the total Raffle Ticket sales net of refunds issued prior to the Grand Prize
- The CNEF will not award a Prize for Tickets which are void unless the CNEF, in its discretion, deems it appropriate to do so. Tickets are void if lost, stolen, unissued, illegible, mutilated, damaged, altered, counterfeited or forged, miscut, misregistered, defective, misprinted, cancelled, produced in error and not recorded in the online system, incomplete, not paid for, destroyed or issued, acquired or presented, in, or upon, violation of these Rules. Void Tickets are the property of the CNEF.
- The Prizes shall be awarded to the Winners on the following
In the event that the CNEF deems a Ticket void, it may, in its sole discretion, provide a refund in the amount of the Ticket declared void.
ARTICLE V – General Provisions
- These Rules of Play shall be governed by, subject to and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada as applicable therein. The Courts of the Province of Ontario shall have exclusive jurisdiction to entertain any action or other legal proceedings based on or arising out of these Rules or any raffle conducted by the
- The headings in these Rules are for convenience of reference only and do not affect the interpretation of these
- The CNEF makes no representations of any kind whatsoever about the online system used to conduct the Raffle and shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by any person as a result of the operation of the online system or the failure of the online system to operate properly or at
Problem Gambling Support can be found at www.connexontario.ca – 1-866-531-2600