About the 2018 Air Show
The 69th annual Canadian International Air Show (CIAS) soared over Lake Ontario Labour Day weekend for another awe-inspiring show.
This year, the aviation extravaganza was bookended by two of North America's best aerial acrobatic jet teams - the United States Air Force Thunderbirds opened the show with thrilling panache, and the Canadian Forces Snowbirds brought the performance to its dramatic finale.
The United States Air Force Thunderbirds featured six pilots in their signature F16’s that returned to the CNE for the first time in 15 years. This was their only performance outside of the USA in 2018.
The afternoon came to its final crescendo with the spectacular CF Snowbirds electrifying crowds with extraordinary aerial maneouvers performed by nine amazing pilots who came from across Canada.
Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command), the show was a shining example of a 60 year old history of USA and Canadian cooperation.
- Canadian Forces Snowbirds
- United States Air Force Thunderbirds
- F18 demonstration jet decked out in its NORAD paint job
- USAF F-35 (heritage flight)
- P51 Mustang (heritage flight)
- The ever-popular Mike Wiskus in his bright orange Pitts
- Canadian veteran Gord Price in the Russian-built Yak 50
- Mike Tryggvason (Giles 202)
- Kyle Fowler (Long EZ)
- Martin Hivon (Christen Eagle)
- More acts to come - Stay tuned!
Please note: Children 4 years and under get in for Free
All Programming Subject to Change
|September 1-September 3|
12:00 PM - 3:00 PM