Friends of the CNE
Volunteer Role Description
Friends of the CNE is a program introduced to provide volunteers an opportunity to actively participate in hosting Canada's largest community event while earning valuable work experience, making new friends, and having fun.
Our guests' experience begins from the time they enter our gates and the Friends of the CNE are there to offer a warm welcome and provide guests with a copy of the daily schedule of the day's events as well as general and directional information. Our volunteers also have opportunities to assist staff with various receptions and events during the 18 days of the fair.
The CNE asks that volunteers:
- Serve as CNE Ambassadors
- Apply their skills, abilities and experience in support of the CNE's initiatives
- Value all staff, volunteers and guests and recognize the rights of all to be treated with respect and courtesy
- Welcome and engage guests when in the public areas of the CNE
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic and positive attitude, and work with integrity and respect
- Support the staff and other volunteers of the CNE and accept their guidance and direction
- Participate in training and orientation sessions relations to the volunteer position
- Commit to a minimum of six shifts, four hours in length
- Be a minimum of 14 years of age
Note: Preference will be given to those candidates who can volunteer during evening shifts (5-8pm).
The CNE will provide volunteers with:
- A rewarding and fulfilling experience, opportunities for personal enrichment, and community involvement
- Respect, and treat volunteers as valued members of our team
- A transparent and fair recruitment, selection and screening process, orientation training and supervision during your stay with us
- Clear practices and procedures
- Recognition for your contributions
- A work environment that is collegial and safe
- An I.D. badge, and free admission to the CNE
- A confirmation letter indicating the hours you have invested
- Maintain a positive, enthusiastic rapport with all guests and employees
- Actively greet and engage guests as they enter and leave the grounds
- Distribute daily handouts to guests
- Provide directional information related to activities and shows
- Provide support at receptions and special events
Think you have what it takes? Check back soon to find the Friends of the CNE Application!